Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Whispers in the Wind

     Simple joys and tender cares can come from all directions when you need them.  Being THANKFUL is all it takes to start this trail of kindness rolling out.  Being thankful and seeing small details helps you find these smiles.
      Last evening, we had a wind and thunderstorm which gratefully took the temperature down thirty degrees.  I woke up thanking God for his gentle pruning.  Willow branches everywhere, but just big enough for me to pick up easily.  I would walk around picking up branches and stacking them in piles while marveling at frogs that seemed to be far away from their ponds, looking at grasses and trying to recall their names, thinking about places that need work, listening to the birds, visiting with the barn cats, watching dragon flies upon the ripples on the pond.
                                           God still gives gifts, even when we don't ask for them.
     Another simple joy in the country, is mail.  It's a gentle gift that let's you cross paths quietly in your thoughts.  I looked for a mailbox picture and didn't find one, so I quickly painted one(I'll work on it more later).    But in a modern day life, mail can come through your phone as well and I had special people give me messages that way as well.  Thank you friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment