Thursday, May 7, 2015

Prayer changes Things


          Today is the National Day of Prayer which originated first with Jesus, but in the United States by Abraham Lincoln in 1862.  He believed we had become so self-sufficient for ourselves, that we had forgotten God, the higher power of wisdom.  So he declared we needed a day of humility and prayer, thus the National Day of Prayer.  
       I spent most of the day, thanking Jesus for mercifully showing me all the recent mistakes I had made in the past week.  Charlie had a plaque, that is now on the door of my office, engraved are the words:  'Prayer Changes things' .  I am thankful to view this each day and especially today.  A senate chaplain, Barry Black said Make prayer become like breathing which paraphrases the bible verse:  "...pray without ceasing…".  This is my goal.  Here's hoping we can make ourselves better through prayer.  

2Timothy 22  The Lord be with your spirit.  Grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment